DESCRIPTION OF HAJJ (PILGRIMAGE).
Hajj is one of the best acts of worship. It is one of the pillars of Islam with which Allaah sent Muhammad and without which a person’s religious commitment is incomplete. Worship cannot bring a person closer to Allaah and cannot be accepted unless it meets two conditions:
1) Sincerity towards Allaah alone, i.e., it is done to seek the Countenance of Allaah and the Hereafter, and is not done to show off, to enhance one’s reputation or for worldly gain.
2) Following the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in word and deed. Following the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) can only be achieving by knowing his Sunnah.
Hence the one who wants to worship Allaah by doing any act of worship – Hajj or anything else – has to learn the teachings of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) concerning it, so that his actions will be in accordance with the Sunnah.
1) HAJJ IS ONE THE PILLAR OF ISLAM
2) VIRTUES OF HAJJ.
3) PURPOSE OF HAJJ.
4) The purposes of Hajj
5) The educational purposes of Hajj.
6) Hajj and its role in strengthening our faith
7) Devotion in Hajj