What is Happiness ?!!
Some find that happiness is wealth, some find it in love, some in power or positions, some just in finding shelter and to be secure!
We all consider that to realise our goals are a real happiness, but how many of us succeeded to realize it?
The answer is few only realise their goals in life!
As Muslims we know that life is not eternal, so the others who failed in realising their goals, what should they do to be happy? To know that we have to know :
what is the Real meaning of happiness?
There are two concepts or meanings of happiness :
A- Happiness in Dunia:
The general concept of happiness as explained before is the trio” family (childen), wealth (money, fortune), position (post, science)”.
But one can has all that and still will be not happy .
why? the answer is in the hadith bellow:
It has been narrated that Allah Almighty inspired this to David, peace be with him: “O David! You want something, whereas I want something else. What shall be is what I want. If you surrender to what I want, I shall spare you what you want. But if you do not surrender to what I want, I will wear you out regarding what you want, and [in the end] only what I want shall come to be.”
So happiness in Dunia will not be reached if we are not content of what Allah planed for us.
And this is confirmed by Allah in Surat Ar-Ra`d (The Thunder) – سورة الرعد
(26) Allah extends provision for whom He wills and restricts [it]. And they rejoice in the worldly life, while the worldly life is not, compared to the Hereafter, except [brief] enjoyment.
That’s why the real wealth and the real happiness are in the bounty and the mercy of Allah Subhanahu .
Allah said in Surat Yūnus (Jonah) – سورة يونس :
(58) Say, “In the bounty of Allah and in His mercy – in that let them rejoice; it is better than what they accumulate.”
B- Happiness in Hereafter:
Allah subhanahu give us a great definition about the happiness and unhappiness hereafter in Surat Hūd (Hud)- سورة هود :
(104) And We do not delay it except for a limited term.
(105) The Day it comes no soul will speak except by His permission. And among them will be the wretched and the prosperous.
(106) As for those who were [destined to be] wretched, they will be in the Fire. For them therein is [violent] exhaling and inhaling.
(107) [They will be] abiding therein as long as the heavens and the earth endure, except what your Lord should will. Indeed, your Lord is an effecter of what He intends.
(108) And as for those who were [destined to be] prosperous, they will be in Paradise, abiding therein as long as the heavens and the earth endure, except what your Lord should will – a bestowal uninterrupted.
Now we have the keys to Happiness in both Dunia and hereafter, let’s try to be Happy!