Sunnah of Eating – Revive Sunnah – Must Read & Act
2. To sit on the floor. (Sahih Bukhari Hadith5386)
3. To sit in one of the following three postures;
a) In the Tashahhud position (like in Salaat) (Fathul Baari Hadith5399),
b) Same as above with the right knee raised, (Ibid; Takhrijul Ihyaa Hadith 1304) and
c) In the squatting posture (Sahih Muslim Hadith 5299).
4. To eat with the fingers (thumb, index and middle fingers). (Sahih Muslim Hadith 5265 and Majmauz-zawaaid)
5. To take the name of Allah before eating. (Sahih Bukhari Hadith5376)
‘In the Name of Allaah.’
…and if you forget to say it before starting, then you should say (when you remember):
‘In the Name of Allaah in it’s beginning and end.’
6. To eat with the right hand. (Sahih Bukhari Hadith5376)
7. To eat from the closest part of the plate and not from the middle. (Sahih Bukhari Hadith5376)
8. As far as possible, to eat collectively from one plate. (Ibn Kathir Surah24 Aayat61; Sunan ibn Majah Hadith3287)
9. To clean every bit of food left on the plate and to lick the fingers before washing them. (Sahih Muslim Hadith5268)
10. To recite the various Masnoon du’aas after meals. including:
‘All praise is for Allaah who fed me this and provided it for me without any might nor power from myself.’
الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي أَطْعَمَنَا وَسَقَانَا وَجَعَلَنَا مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ
“All praise belongs to Allah, who fed us and quenched our thirst and made us Muslims”.
(Ibn Al Sunni)
Share this to Revive the SUNNAH!!