Misconception: Muslims worship the Black-Stone in Ka‘bah
This is a misconception. Muslims do not worship the Black-Stone, but they kiss the same because Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W.S.) did so. So, it is a Sunnah (tradition). Kissing anything does not come into the modes of worship. If kissing is considered as a mode of worship, then we must know that man kisses his wife and …children too. Does it mean he worships his wife and children too? A Muslim remains a Muslim as long as he believes in that there is no God but Allah. Narrated By ‘Abis bin Rabia : ‘Umar came near the Black Stone and kissed it and said “No doubt, I know that you are a stone and can neither benefit anyone
nor harm anyone. Had I not seen Allah’s Apostle kissing you I would not have kissed you.” (Saheeh Bukhari Volumn 002, Book 026, Hadith Number 667.)
Worship is the exclusive Right of Allah and the Purpose of the Creator behind the creation of man. Allah says:
1) “I have created jinns and men, that they might worship Me.” (51: 56)16
2) “We have not sent any Messenger before you, but we have inspired him with that there is no God but I; so worship Me.”
So, Man’s only goal of life is to worship Allah Alone.IV. Misconception: Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W.S.) is the founder of Islam.
This misconception is being spread to give an impression that Islam is a new religion, and its founder is Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W.S.), although Islam is there right from the birth of Adam. It is the Religion of all the Prophets of Allah. Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W.S.) has not founded any new religion. He, in fact, taught people the same Religion that had been preached by all the past Messengers of Allah.
The Holy Quraan bears witness over it:
1) “The same Religion He (Allah) has established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah – which We have sent by inspiration
to you – and that which We enjoined on Ibraaheem, Moosa, and ‘Eesa, so that you should establish the Religion and make no
divisions therein.” (42: 13)17
2) “Say you (O Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W.S.)!): ‘We believe in Allah and the Revelation given to us and to Ibraaheem, Isma‘eel,
Is-haaque, Ya’qhoob and the Tribes, and that given to Moosa and ‘Eesa, and that given to (all other) Prophets from their Lord.
We make no difference between one and another of them and we submit to Allah. If they (people) believe as you believe, they
are indeed on the right Path; but if they turn back, it is they who are in schism; but Allah will suffice you as against them, and He
is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing.” (2: 136, 137)
3) “(O Muhammed!) Nothing is said to you that was not said to the Messengers before you.” (41: 43)
4) “To you (O Muhammed!) We sent the Scripture with Truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and guarding it in
safety. So judge among them by what Allah has revealed and follow not their desires, diverging the Truth that has come to
you.” (5: 48)
5) “Muhammed is the Messenger of Allah and the last of the Prophets.” (33: 40)
All these Verses of the Holy Quraan clearly manifest that Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W.S.) is not the founder of Islam, but he is the final 18 Messenger of Islam. These also prove that Islam is not a new religion; it is the Religion of all the Prophets.
Excerpted, from the book “Straight Answers to the Controversial Questions about Islaam”
DR. NOORUL HUSSAIN K